Published on 14 Ноември, 2022 in News, U21
The national team of Macedonia U21 will play two control matches in Cyprus this month against the representation of the host Cyprus and against the national team of Serbia.
Yesterday, the young representatives of the national team had their meeting and first training at the "Hotel Park" , and today in the afternoon they are traveling to Cyprus.
Mario Ilievski, one of the leaders of the game of the young representation of Macedonia, shared his expectations for the upcoming control matches against Cyprus and Serbia.
- Two difficult matches await us, it will not be easy against Serbia and Cyprus, I hope that we will play at a high level in both matches. We have to play bravely and sacrifice on the field, show quality, and the result will come by itself.
- This national team has an excellent team spirit and togetherness, we know each other well, we all have one goal, which is to play the best we can and to represent Macedonia in the right light.
- We have quality and we want to confirm that in these two matches, if we play as we know and are able to, I believe we will be happy with a positive result.
- The atmosphere in the national team is excellent, we achieved several excellent results in the previous matches. From match to match we are playing better, but there is still room for improvement.
- The two friendly matches against Serbia and Cyprus are an excellent check for the qualifiers for the upcoming European Championship next year.
On November 17, the team selected by the coach Dragi Kanatlarovski will face Cyprus, and five days later we will play a control match against Serbia.